8-9” pie pan – grease pie pan w/ butter
2 8oz package of cream cheese
3 eggs (or 4 egg yolks, no whites)
1t l emon juice (optional)
½ cup raw sugar
¼ cup cream
1 t vanilla
Dash of salt, nutmeg/cinnamon (optional)
For chocolate cheesecake: add ¼ cup of baker’s cocoa
Topping: 2 Tbsp. raw sugar 1 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Ideally warm the cream cheese to room temp, or slightly soft
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add in lemon juice, 1/2 cup sugar, milk, salt and vanilla. (cocoa too if you are making chocolate)
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour filling into buttered pie pan.
- Bake at 325F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Combine the 2 tablespoons of sugar, sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake then bake for 10 minutes longer.
- 30 minutes to cool is enough before serving or cool for 2 hours & refrigerate
While transitioning off grains & decreasing carbs, if you must have crust…. See below…. Eventually, hopefully, you will find this not worth the effort.. the cheese cake is what REALLY matters!
8-9” pie pan
½ cup coconut or rice flour
½ finely ground nuts (pecans, walnut & cashew are my favs)
¼ cup melted butter
Dash of cinnamon, ginger & nutmeg
- Beat eggs and add to melted butter, mix
- Mix dry goods separately
- Mix both together and using fingers press the mixture into pie pan (like a graham cracker crust)